Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Power for the new world of ___________________

If you provided power for the new world of what you do, what would that be: the new world?

I ask because I visited a business that claims to be about power for the new world of work.

I was intrigued because I'm interested in what the new world of work is.

I would think that the new world of work has to do with online collaboration.

I'm trying to learn about tools like google groups, base camp, central desktop, ning, and I figured maybe this would be the place to learn about them.

But I learned that the power for the new world of work (according to the organization that claims to provide power for the new world of work) is really about signs, brochures, business cards and mailbox rental.

I was kind of disappointed. I think of those things as what powered the old world of work.

So: what is the power for the new world of ministry?

I think it has something to do with finding out what people want to do and figure out how that fits into what God seems to want to do (as best as we can tell). It's up to us, then, to bring those two together.

But, maybe, the new world of ministry is really just the old world of ministry: trying to get people to do the things we want them to do.

The past of ministry.

Being able to power the new world of work or the new world of ministry has to do with keeping the past of work or the past of ministry in the past. And not keeping the past in the future.

Is there a future in that?

No comments: