Friday, April 30, 2010

Counting change


If I tried to get you to put up a bulletin board about your thing, I would probably have to ask a few times and explain what I'm wanting from you a couple of different ways.

I'd feel guilty for asking you to do something that took time and energy away from the things you do everyday that you do because you want to and not because somebody asked you to.

If you then put that bulletin board up about the next event you are doing or the recap of the last thing you did or how you are trying to get people to join your team, it probably wouldn't be all that good.

And you would feel guilty for taking so long to get the bulletin board done, and I'd start counting down the days until we could take down the bulletin board.

And then maybe I'd find somebody good at bulletin boards to do a good bulletin board about something, anything. Just to take up space.

But, if for some reason there was a bulletin board about a campaign or emphasis that had been up for 14 or 15 months and we decided that it was time to take it down and put up some posters or something so it wouldn't be a big blank bulletin board, it wouldn't be long before you or someone like you would put up a bulletin board about your thing or something like your thing on a portion of the bulletin board that we just redid. After having it up for 14 months.

And I don't know why. And I don't know that leaving the board blank would encourage you any more.

It's like after 14 months, movement is contagious.

It's just strange that after 14 months of one bulletin board, changing it inspired you to do something that I couldn't have asked you to do.

It's like somebody is just waiting for you to change that bulletin board.

I need to start using the staple remover more and the stapler less.

No comments: