Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Because I know he loves me back

I heard a radio sound bite of a young girl who was hysterical about getting tickets to the Justin Bieber concert. You could barely understand what she was saying through the sobbing about how much she wanted to go. When she was asked why she wanted to go so badly and why she loved Justin Bieber so much, she replied, "Because I know he loves me back."

Hard to figure how she knows this with such certainty. Hard to figure how a pop singer she's only heard on the radio and seen on TV could love her back.

But she probably meant maybe because it's so obvious that he loves what he does and maybe has a certain innocence to his love of music that it comes through as love of his fans.

I wonder if I love what I'm doing so much that it assures the people I serve in ministry that I love them too.

I wonder if people will have such a strong desire to show up at the next small group I'm in or sign up for the next mission trip I'm on or come to the next ministry team I'm a part of because they are so certain that I love them back.

I wonder if I love what I do that much.

No comments: