Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Discipleship or passing the buck?

Once you put a stick in the ground and pin your cause and go steady with your purpose as an individual or as a part of an organization or movement, the cynics show up.  This, I guess, is a good thing.  My wife's boss went to "one of those silly leadership things".  The company is trying to brainwash him apparently about the importance of being a part of something greater than himself.  Silly said the cynic.

If you are a leader in discipleship, your ground, cause and purpose is discipleship.  I was in a meeting recently when a church staff member allowed a church member to do something the staff member normally does.  I'm taking a discipleship opportunity, the staff member said.  Oh, your passing the buck said the cynic.  

So empowering others to do as we do and do as Christ can become passing the buck I guess.

How do you tell the difference?

No comments: