Sunday, October 3, 2010

Failure to Launch

Isn't just a pretty bad movie. (The talking squirrel was the nail in the coffin.)

I was glad I made an appointment for my visit to the Apple Store the other day.

When I got arrived, there was a ton of people gathered waiting for help.

I keep up fairly well with the goings on of product releases of Apple and I was pretty sure nothing major was really in the works.

I asked the salesman what was up and why there were so many people there on this particular day.

"I don't know," he said, "we launch a lot of stuff. It's hard to tell sometimes what the crowd is about."

Upon further review, I think the crowd that day had to do with the i-phone and some of the antenna problems.

But point made.

Launching stuff has to do with involvement and learning about what we do that works and doesn't work. Call it kissing a lot of frogs or breaking a lot of eggs. How we engage people or not has to do with launching stuff. Lot's of stuff.

If you decide this is the strategy you'll employ to engage the most tribes in your care, there is probably one thing you'll have to do.

Let go.

Of having to have everything go the way you want.

Without sacrificing a common what and why you are doing it.

But then again if you don't go the launching stuff route:

It's easy to get to everyone who comes your way for ministry.

And nobody will have to worry about whether or not they set a time to see you.

No comments: