Saturday, July 3, 2010

I mean, after all, I'm me

I was trying to figure out how (if it was possible) to use google documents on an ipad. It seems a little shaky. You can read some documents, but it doesn't seem possible to edit or maybe even download them on an ipad.

I was looking over some forums and discussion groups about it. I gleaned that some animosity between apple and google was growing out of a few differences the two companies have been happening lately.

There was concern expressed by some commentators that due to the growing feud, ipad might not be supporting google document functions.

One of the comments came from someone who expressed confidence that sooner or later the google docs would be on ipad, because, after all, they're google.

For me the implication was that in spite of corporate saber rattling and posturing, google would find a way to serve its people.

The core value, this commentator seemed to think, for google was to do whatever it takes to make its products available to the people who use them.

I got to thinking about all the difficulties associated with making ministry possible. Lots of times it's petty, it's political, it's theological, or it's just a matter of who likes who.

How many times do I work through and around all that to make ministry possible for the people who want to be in ministry?

How often does who I am allay fears and worries of people passionate about taking part in God's mission?

After all...

No comments: