Tuesday, May 18, 2010

your creative pool

A young long bearded, hard rocking, guitar playing, all out hilarious friend told me recently about how excited he was to attend an upcoming event.

What event I asked.

I'm taking my mom to...

the opera.

pause.

The opera. You're going to the opera?

I never put opera and this man together in the same thought.

Well, I love it because it replenishes my creative pool.

It's a different art form than the one I work in, so I can see if and dig it from a whole different perspective.

I was really stunned and inspired.

To get to understand my art form and to find things outside of my art form that can replenish my creative pool.

Adobe Photoshop Elements, Google Groups, I movie, Blogger, Pandora, Coffee with my leadership coach, Lauds, silent breakfast and conversation with my buddy's spiritual director, the Cobb Symphony Orchestra Chorus, the music of Gabriel Faure, the music they play on NPR when they're not talking, Facebook, making lunch for my daughter, taking a friend to get his spare set of keys after he locked his keys in his truck, loose leaf tea, crocs, i-pad.

I'm not sure which ones are the art I work in and which ones replenish my creative pool (which has for the longest time been at drought levels, but seems to at times, because of the people who love me, now be at flood stage).

But I guess right now, I'm just glad to know I have things like art forms I work in and a creative pool and that I can replenish it.

Much love to the inspirers and the artists within each of us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

beautifully written, Forrest. you have a sharp and wonderful mind.