Thursday, October 28, 2010

The delusion that drives you

Natalie Jeremijendo's is that new technologies are an opportunity for social transformation.

A delusion that drives you.

She currently runs, among other things, an environmental health clinic.  People come in with concerns about environmental health and leave with prescriptions for things they can do to improve the health of the environment.

Her delusion has led to such strange behavior as taking tadpoles for walks, talking to fish, and planting plants in front of fire hydrants.  But because of it; advancements in cancer treatment, ozone depletion, and less need for superfund clean ups seem doable.

I don't know her personality type or her experiential history or much about her at all.  But it seems like this idea of embracing her idea/calling/live's work as delusion really works for her.

I must be cut from the same cloth, because I think it's great.

I don't know what delusion drives you.  Maybe it's real important for you to know and for others to know that your idea/calling/life's work is unneurotic-aly right.  In fact, maybe that is what drives you.

Maybe it's that once every nation confesses our Christianity as the right belief, Jesus will come back to Earth.

It could be that unless you believe like I believe you are going to spend etenity in agony instead of in heaven in paradise (with me).

Sometimes I think its our (mere) prescence that changes things.  Not so much what we know or what we believe or how much we can do.  Just our presence.  With each other.  So I do my best to connect people.

It's the delusion that drives me.

I don't know what if anything it has led to.  Probably not so much a treatment for cancer.  There'll still need to be massive superfund clean up sites in spite of the people I attempt to connect and connect with.

But I don't know.

I mean, then again, it's still driving.

No comments: