Tuesday, September 7, 2010

You are what you love

The movie Adaptation looks for a while like it is going to be a movie in which people don't really change. The protagonist doesn't really want anything that bad. There really isn't a negative turn. No plot twist. Maybe it's saving grace will be that it breaks the mold. And then there is a turning point where things change. Sidebar: it was cool that the movie said: we're not going there. And then it goes there big time. Cool.

This is a big deal for me. How many times do we determine value based on how well people like our thing?

How often are we motivated to engage mission and ministry because of them and what they don't have instead of who we are.

I'm not saying relevance doesn't matter.

But unless we do what we do because of who we are: is it really ever going to be relevant?

Really?

I'm looking to own my love. I think it's important now.

If you don't like it, it is ok.

That's your business, not mine.

No comments: