Monday, July 19, 2010

Being currency

A friend shared with me on a recent mission trip of his desire to be currency more than bring currency.
If I can get past my desire to be relevant and to be impact-ful, I might come to realize that I don't do as much as what happens because of me.
Most of the good stuff I am hoping to achieve isn't going to happen within the walls of my ministry.
The most I can hope for is that things will happen because my ministry.
Most likely what we are trying to achieve will lead to something happening that we didn't expect.
As soon as we try to make that into a program, it loses it's potential to create the relationship or the transformation or the lump in the throat or the tingling.
So we have to plan and be strategic and move ahead so that what we aren't expecting to happen can happen.
And then we can take stock of all the things that happen because of our planning and strategy that we never planned for.

No comments: