Thursday, March 4, 2010

Science, religion, and my soul

[for me]:

Science and religion are the same thing.

A set of agreed upon rules about how things work. Some more empirical; some more traditional.

Science says the earth is flat, religion says it's flat.

Science says it's round. Religions says it's flat.

Religion says it's round.

Science says it's getting warmer. Religion says it isn't.

Science says it isn't, but it has before and will again. Religion says it is.

We evolved. We didn't. It's a disease: it's a sin, time is linear: it's curved.

There are rules and this is what they are.

If you believe this, this will happen. If you believe that, that will happen.

What is different, however, is something I'll call my soul.

I know if best. I've have constant feedback on it since I started. It's what's most different, where the most difference can be made.

Why don't I spend more time allowing it (what is most different) to:

engage with other souls

and

explore what's different

instead of what I do:

figure out what the rules (what is more the same) are

and

become more indifferent


No comments: