Saturday, July 25, 2009

i came looking for you

We are on a 30+ hour journey of community development to Sells Arizona. We are a little less than half way there. I'm starting to get nervous because people have asked me a couple times: tell me again what are we doing again when we get there (we aren't sure, exactly, what we are going to do when we get there). I got some insight last night into what we are doing. I decided to find a secluded room of the church we are staying in for the night to bed down (the womens decoration storage room). Most everybody was asleep or going to sleep upstairs in kinda of noisy bright rooms. As I was about to drift off, I started to worry that I should tell somebody where I was so in case I overslept this morning they would know to get me and where to find me. A then I heard a quiet voice: " forrest...that you?". "Yes, it's me." "OK. You scared in there by yourself?"."No, I'm not scared." "OK, well I came looking for you" "Oh, OK... well goodnight.". "Goodnight"
The interaction helped me understand what we are doing on this trip and what we do on most any trip.
We came looking for you.
And by you, I mean me.

No comments: