Friday, January 2, 2009

White Christmas


I wasn't sure if the fund raising idea to put up a Christmas Tree with ornaments from the agency we support would get pass the non approved fundraiser but you can do it anyway litmus test.  It didn't.  So I was faced with having to actually put forth some personal involvement to get people to take home an ornament and hopefully remit a donation to the agency.

It is alot easier to put the thing up and wait for people to come to it.  I found myself lugging the tree all over the place to actually put it into the presence of people who might take an ornament home.  Not because it's a good cause or the right thing to do, or a way to give back, or a clever way to sucker people into taking an action.  I found myself asking people to take an ornament home because they cared about me.  And to make sure that I care about them.  White Christmas Tree with Blue Ornaments as a way to connect.

I guess so.

No comments: